STUMP PLANER | ETERRA
With the Eterra stump planer, you'll be ready to make light work of your stump removal chores. This innovative tool has been designed to be used with an Eterra 3500/4500 (or equivalent from other brands) auger drive using a 2-inch hex drive.
Why Use A Stump Planer?
- Far cheaper than purchasing a dedicated stump grinder, or skid steer stump grinder attachment.
- Utilizes equipment you already have to extend your current capabilities.
- Quickly save money by doing it yourself instead of hiring a tree service to do it for you, plus you'll have the attachment to use forever in the future when you need it again.
- Incorporates 3 cutting blades and a starter tip.
- Cutter blades and starter tips can be sharpened and/or replaced as needed, so you can count on a long service life from this tool.
- The starter tip guides the planer through the stump while the guides on the edge of the cutter keep the attachment from jumping out of the stump.
- This intelligent design allows the planer to bore up to 18" into the stump and the ground, ensuring that your stump will be removed permanently.
- Traditional stump grinders aren't able to go as deep as this tool, and thus are not as effective for stump removal.
Machine Requirements For This Stump Planer
Please make sure that you check the rating of your auger drive motor to confirm that it meets the minimum torque requirements below:
- 10" Stump Planer Torque Range: 2,200-6,000 Ft. Lbs.
- 14" Stump Planer Torque Range: 3,300-6,000 Ft. Lbs.
- Both models attach to the auger motor using a 2" hex drive, however, we do offer auger adapters to accommodate other sizes if needed.
- This attachment is designed for use with skid steer auger attachments, and should not be used as a tractor implement, or on a 3 point auger drive.
- If used on an incorrect platform, your machine may not have the power to reverse the planer in the event of a jam.
Select Product Options Above
- Select stump planer size
- Available in 10" and 14" sizes
Eterra Stump Planer Specification
- Weight:: 52 lbs.
- Length:: 26"
- Diameter of Cut:: 10"
- Drive Hub Style:: 2" Hex Multi-Hole fits Most Manufacturers
- Minimum Auger Drive Torque (10" Planer):: 2200 ft. lbs. Reversible
- Minimum Auger Drive Torque (14" Planer):: 3,300
- Cutters:: 3 x Tool Steel (can be re-sharpened)
- Pilot:: 1 x Tool Steel Replaceable Point
- To use this Attachment you must have a 2" Hex Drive, or purchase one of our auger adapters as needed
The Eterra stump planer previously used a threaded style pilot head. The new and improved style fits together and is attached by a retaining pin to ensure that the pilot head stays in place, yet remains easy to replace as needed.
If you have any questions about this product or suitability for your application, give us a call or text today. We are happy to speak with you about your use case to make sure you get exactly what you need for your machine.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Where are the stump planers made
Hello! They are proudly made in the USA by Eterra in the Pacific NW!
Are these on backorder?
Yes these are on a 6-8 weeks backorder.
Can I get the auger stump planer bit with a 2 1/2 round shaft to fit a bobcat anger? If so what would be the cost for a 10 inch
Our stump planers are on 8-10 week back order at the moment.